So says the Boston Fire Department, via WEEI. The fire took place in the Fenway mailroom and was contained relatively quickly.
Fictional sources confirmed that the following unsubstantiated scenarios were in play:
- Workers manufacturing Authentic Fenway Bricks (TM) faced a kiln malfunction
- A fireball ensued after the heat from Vicente Padilla's latest fastball in Fort Myers hit the Boston area
- John Lackey finally accepted his role as the club's heel and is just causing trouble
- A spark sprang from the check printer after printing so many checks to pitchers signed to minor-league deals
- He couldn't say why exactly, but John Henry said it was Terry Francona's fault